1. How much do you charge?
My rates are very competitive with what you would expect to pay for professional
copywriting. My fee structure works any of these 3 ways:
- Per project
The rates vary depending on the size, complexity and deadlines of the project. Fill out
the copywriting request form for a free quote. You will find my rates reasonable but not
cheap. High quality is never an accident; it is always the result of sincere effort,
intelligent direction and skillful execution. You get what you pay for.
2. What's included in your price?
The quote that I provide will detail every copywriting aspect that is included in your
project. The copywriting request form will give you the format and information to help me
3. What information do you need to quote a job?
As you'll note when you fill out the copywriting request form I will need the following to
estimate my copywriting for you:
- Type of copy (article, website, press release/media alert, tv/radio, bio, ebook, newsletter, eblast, etc.)
- Desired length (number of words or number of pages)
- Description of the customers you want to reach
- Desired deadline
- Your goals and expectations for the project
4. What information do you need to start a job?
In order to function the most effectively (which also saves you money) I will need to know:
- What does your company do?
- Who is your current customer base?
- Who is your desired customer base?
- Who are your primary competitors?
- What makes you uniquely better than your competitors?
I will do any and all research required to produce effective written materials. As a
former journalist, I am blessed with a very curious nature which works to your advantage.
Research is formalized curiosity...it is poking and prying and asking questions with
5. My business is unique, how can an "outsider" write effective copy?
See the above! Seriously, I consider it a privilege to learn as much as I can about a
client business. And as an "outsider" I can help identify opportunities and options that
you may not have considered from the "inside."
6. What makes you any better than the thousands of other copywriters?
The advantage that I offer is a unique combination of educational background, professional
experience, successful marketing expertise and flat out business savvy. The combination
results in a bottom line, call-em-like-I-see-em orientation that works. Your call to
action is my focus, from getting publicity to increasing web traffic to converting leads
to brand building. In addition I only work with a limited number of clients and projects
in order to give each of my clients the best service you'll find anywhere.
7. What types of writing* do you offer?
Variety is the spice of life, and also the stuff of good copywriting. That is precisely
why I write:
- Media Alerts (formerly known as Press Releases)
- Radio & TV scripts
- Article Writing
- Social Media/Blogging
- Ghost Writing
*And coming on the heels of my latest book Breaking Your Own News...how to turn any media
coverage into good publicity! I am now conducting educational & entertaining seminars to
give you the skills and tools you need to work with the media:
- Speakers Bureau
- Media 101 Seminar
- Publicity & PR Basics
8. How long will it take you to write my project? When can you start?
It depends on the specifics of your project and the speed with which you can provide input
and review. Generally speaking, accepted projects will be started within 10 days.
9. Will you do revisions?
Absolutely, in the unlikely event that you want them! Give me your revisions and I will
make them and make them quickly. Up to 3 revisions are included in the base price
provided that they are supplied in a timely fashion. Good copywriters know that great
writing is rewriting...and that a thin skin doesn't pay the bulldog.
10. Do you offer a guarantee?
Yes, and it is this: I guarantee that you will get excellent copywriting and that it will
be delivered on time. To date, every client has been 100% satisfied.